Campaign Traffic Analysis & Budget Tool
Understanding the relationship between keyword traffic potential and campaign budgets can help PPC marketers optimize current campaigns and plan efficient and effective campaign structures for new clients. That’s why we put this template together to help you understand how this relationship shapes your campaigns.
How to Use Our Campaign Traffic Analysis & Budget Tool
The video below is hosted on YouTube. If you need assistance with viewing the video, please contact [email protected].
What You’ll Need and How It Works
In order to utilize this report, you’ll need the following data, by ad group:
- Search impression share
- Average CPC
- Hour report in Google Ads (optional)
If you’re analyzing an existing campaign, pull this data from there. If you are using this report to make projections, visit the blog for tips and tools to help you make estimates!
- In the Impression Data table, fill out the Impression Potential column for each of your ad groups. To calculate impression potential, multiply impressions by 100, and divide by the current search impression share.
- Using the CPI Calculation table, you will determine the CPI for each ad group. Manually enter the CTR and the CPC for each ad group using the data you’ve gathered.
- The resulting CPI will be pulled into the Impression Data table automatically.
- Once the Impression Data table is complete, the Spend by Ad Group per Hour column will automatically populate. Analyze this spend data to help make budget and structure decisions in your account!
Ad Schedule Adjustments
- If you are using an ad schedule, or want a more specific breakdown of % of Impressions per Hour based on your own account, you will want to adjust the numbers in the % of Impressions column in the Spend by Ad Group per Hour data table.
- Use the impression data from the Google Ads Hour report to populate the Impressions column on the Ad Schedule Adjustments tab.
- The % of Impressions will be automatically calculated per hour. Copy and paste this data as values into the Spend by Ad Group per Hour data table.