Gaia is a premium video content site, sharing “conscious-expanding” films, original shows, yoga and meditation practices, and more.
Gaia (then known as GaiamTV) first came to Inflow in 2012 for link-building services, and they eventually broadened their strategy to include full-fledged SEO. Our team has worked with them in varying capacities since to grow their brand and site. As Gaia’s in-house SEO capacities have varied, our team customized strategies to fit their changing needs.
Gaia’s main goals were to grow their subscriber base and navigate the complexities of search engine algorithms’ effects on the health industry (ex: Google’s 2017 Medic update). They also needed an SEO partner to guide them through a migration to a new site (and, later, migrating acquisitions to their main site).
Inflow applied a multi-faceted SEO approach:
- Migrated content to new site and domain
- Increased and deepened strategic blog content and landing page content
- Produced multi-expert interview content
- Migrated acquired brands to Gaia main site
- Internationalized SEO for Spanish, German, and French viewers
- Developed external spirituality influencer writing team
lifetime sessions to two multi-expert interviews
increase in organic search traffic YOY
increase in transactions from organic traffic YOY