eCommerce Site Migrations
Take the Stress Out of Migrations
Migrating your eCommerce website really can go smoothly when working with an expert partner to ensure SEO factors are accounted for. Our goal in providing eCommerce SEO and platform migration services is to minimize negative effects on traffic and rankings.
We’ve Got You Covered!
Inflow delivers highly customized, prioritized and actionable SEO plans for migrating eCommerce platforms, websites and domains.
Some of the factors for which we account:
- List of all the changes that may impact SEO
- Baseline analytics, rankings and site data
- Search engine indexing insights
- Googlebot crawl statistics
- Planning a redirect strategy that accounts for all URLs and links
- Accounting and planning for migrating all content
- Server migration
- 404 and other crawl errors
- Ensuring a smooth analytics transition
- Migrating page titles and descriptions
- Canonical and duplicate URLs
- Dev site access and timeline communication
- Post-launch site review
What to Expect With Migrations
It can take several weeks for search engines to crawl, index and rank the entire website again. It’s a normal part of the process, but we do have ways to encourage faster reindexing.
Rankings may initially drop by as much as 30 percent. You can expect them to fluctuate for several weeks as the search engines crawl the site and find the new pages.
Within a month, organic search traffic should recover to around the same level it was previously.
The earlier you involve us in the project, the better the results.
Traffic should end up better than before the migration within three months if the new platform offers significant SEO benefits over the old one.